- Jayro Bustamante
- Juan Pablo Olyslager, Diana Bathen Evans, María Telón
- Drama, LGBT
- 107 min.
- Guatemala, France, Luxembourg
- Production Companies
- Tu Vas Voir, La Casa de Producción, Memento Films, Iris Productions, ARTE France Cinéma
- Theatrical Release
- May 1st, 2019 by Memento in France
- Screener availability
- Access our exclusive platform
to see more (exclusive for buyers):
Berlin Film Festival's Silver Bear-winning director Jayro Bustamante (Ixcanul) comes back with a complex and socially engaged LGBT drama set in the city of Guatemala. This Guatemalan-French co-production reunites the award-winning team from Ixcanul for a controversial story of love, family and religious bigotry.
Pablo is a 40-year-old married father of 2 wonderful children. A role model and a practicing evangelical Christian, his perfect traditional life begins to crack when he falls in love with a man. Pablo finds his feelings in conflict with beliefs. And his life becomes a hell of repressive intolerance when his family and his church decide to do whatever it takes to “cure him”, forcing Pablo to suppress his urges through therapy.